Sunday, 25 January 2015

Saturday and Sunday in KL

Last night they came home at about 4 o'clock then we went to dinner and had a banana leaf curry - it was delicious. Next we walked to the film store and bought a few (Theory of Everything, Into the Woods etc) then we watched them both and it was amazing until about 20 minutes into the Theory of Everything the sound went completely. So we all went to bed.

The next morning mum and dad got up and drove to the food market then when they got back Bea woke me up. First we had breakfast of fruit (jack fruit, water melon, water apple, mango, papaya and pineapple). I liked the water apple even though it was a bit sour - I tasted it and it was nice.

Then we got in the car and drove to a place that sold roti canai with daal. The roti is a cross between a pancake and bread and you dip it into daal and taste it. I had it with orange juice. It was delicious as well.

Next we got in a cab and got in a lift that took a very long time to get to the top of Menara Tower. We could see AAAALLLL of Kuala Lumpur and the Twin Towers (Petronas Towers). There were a lot of patches of green. Then we bought a fridge magnet that had pictures of both of them and we got on a train to Bangsar then a taxi to where we're staying. When we got home we decided to go swimming with Bea and Amelia. It was so nice and refreshing.

At about 4 we got into the car and drove to Kuala Selangor and had a fishy dinner. I particularly liked the rice and the fish (not really the squid).

Then we had a trip to the firefly reserve and got on a boat and an amazing time looking at all the fireflies. One of them came onto the boat and flew under Bea's butt so she sat on it. It was so funny but it didn't die. That was when the boat went right into the bush and all the fireflies came out. Then there was a call for prayer which made it even more amazing.

Today we had another roti canai. It was even more yummy. Then we got into the Winter's car and drove to the Bird Park. We saw an ostrich running towards us.

 
We even got to feed the fish. The best part was when we got to feed the parrots. It was so funny. One of them jumped on me.
We came back and a Tesco delivery arrived then we went to the swimming pool and mum read a book on her kindle, dad's goggles broke and I did some diving. Then I started my homework on the Indus Valley and Ancient Sumer Civilisation. The discovered writing and numbers and wheels.

There was a massive thunder storm with some lightening and quite a lot of rain but me and Amelia went out to the pool and the park to play  while the adults went to China Town.

We are going to tell you what happens tomorrow tomorrow!!!


3 comments:

  1. It looks like you are having a fantastic time already Robin! The food sounds amazing and so different from what we would normally eat here. I am going to show everyone in Rowan class what you have been up to tomorrow and I am sure they will write something back to you :)

    Miss Humber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the ostrich but they are from africa and an emu is from australia so we got that to as well as that we got the cockatoo and the parrot from my book thanks so much for the book. I read part on the indus valley and it was quite interesting :)
    Robin:) :(

    ReplyDelete