Tuesday, 3 March 2015

First day in New York

When we arrived on Saturday we had something to eat and my tooth fell out. The tooth fairy left me a 1 dollar note.

On Sunday morning we met Conrad and Jack who are Annabel and Carlos’ children at 11 because at 7.40 they had had to go to their swimming group called swim gym. When they came home we walked to Antika in Astoria to have some pizza for brunch. It was very yummy. While we were walking to bookshop to find a guidebook it started snowing.


Then we went to the Museum of Moving Image that wasn’t that far away but we got a taxi because it was snowing quite a lot now. We went because we had heard that there were loads of very fun things to do there and Annabel and Jack wanted to show us. We played on the arcade games (Frogger, Defender, Pacman and Space Invaders etc) and that was so fun because I hadn’t ever played any of them before.

Also we did some things on the computer where there are sound effects missing from scenes in different films (I did Home Alone). Next we recorded our voices to the lines of some films and mum had to do a very funny one which was “the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plane” and I had to do Babe (“I want my mom”). I didn’t have a favourite part because it was very fun to be there because there were loads of interactive things that me and mum did.

After that we walked to Gap Kids and I tried on some jeans, leggings, shorts and a jumper that I am wearing whilst I am writing this blog. We had to buy winter clothes because I didn’t have any jeans and only one jumper. We knew it was winter but we did not expect it to be so snowy.


For dinner we had stir fry that Annabel had made and it was delicious. Annabel and Carlos did not eat with us because they were going out for dinner whilst we babysat for Jack and Conrad which was not that hard because they were asleep and all we needed to do to them was give Conrad some more milk and that was it. 
Whilst they were asleep and we were waiting for A&C to get back we watched the Big Bang Theory and The Good Wife which are both quite good shows. And then I read a few books an went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment