Saturday, 7 March 2015

Tuesday and Wednesday in New York

On Tuesday morning we got the subway to Bloomingdales which is a massive apartment store with seven floors that sells clothes, luggage, shoes, jewellery, perfume, sunglasses etc. We were looking for a new playsuit because we had lost the other one in Malaysia. We bought a royal blue one that has long sleeves. Someone at the Clarins counter gave me some hair clips and some lip balm.

After that, we walked to the Magnolia Bakery which sells the best cupcakes in the whole world. I bought a chocolate one with green vanilla buttercream icing and Mum got a pistachio one. We didn't eat them then because we bought some more so that we could eat them with Annabel, Carlos and the kids.

Then we got the subway back to Astoria to have lunch and just as we had got in to the diner it started snowing which was very nice because I have been wanting it to snow for ages and it did not stop until we got home to the house. Before we went back to the house we both had a manicure. I had a greeny type of colour and Mum had a dark blue with sparkles on them. I even had nail art on my thumbs which I did kind of like then, but the silver has started to come off the nails which is annoying because I really liked having silver on my nails for a day.

When we got back me and Mum decided to Skype Dad and we did but quickly because I had to do some homework that I had to catch up on.

Next we had salmon bake and then cupcakes for dinner then off to bed.

On Wednesday we got up at the same time as the boys did (7.40) because we had to get the subway to Lexington Avenue where we had breakfast at a place where there were Russians running it. This was strange because we never see Russians in other places except Russia and I bet you're wondering how I knew. I knew because of their accents and they did not really understand anything we were asking for. I had a bacon sandwich and fresh orange juice. It was about $20.

Next we got on a hop-on hop-off bus tour. We nearly went to the Empire State Building but thought it would be better to do it on Thursday because it was raining so much that you couldn't see anything from the top. 

Our first stop was the Fireman's Museum which has 2 whole rooms of information about 9/11 which is a terrorist attack that happened on the 11th of September 2001 which loads of people died in so Mum took loads of photos to show how much she cared about what happened that day. 


Then we walked to the Childrens' Museum of the Arts. It was amazing and beautiful. I made an animal portrait of plastercine and some cut up necklace which is gold and shiny. I made a dolphin with seagrass and a necklace with blue pearl on it.

I also made a self portrait, a weaving flower that you have to weave to finish it. I will tell you how to do it but on one condition. Please do not tell anyone how to do it. First you cut out the template then weave your first piece of wool around in-between the points of the flower and then you just start weaving in the middle with different colours and then voila, there you have it - a weaved flower.

After that we got back on a hop-on hop-off bus to Battery Park where you get the boat tickets and tickets for Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty. Then when we were on the boat we took some selfies of our selves with Lady Liberty which was very fun but when we got off and asked when the next ferry to Ellis Island was they said "this is the last one" and Mum asked me which one and I wanted to got to. We both chose Ellis Island. So when we got to Ellis Island (which by the way is a place where foreign people went before entering NYC) we got our free audio tours which only lasted until 4:30pm and it was already 3:30 so we decided to get the 4:30 boat back to NYC but before we went back we looked at as much as we could including the immigration office and loads of other things.


After we had got the boat back we got on the subway to Canal Street so I could buy a top that said "I Love NY" but we ended up getting two pairs of pyjama bottoms for Mum and Granny. One pair was purple and one pair was pink. Then we walked to Little Italy where we went to Ferrara's again where mum had asked the waiter if it was cream in the eclairs and they said "yes". But when it came out it had confectioner cream instead of whipped so Mum said I could have a lemon meringue pie which, if I didn't finish she said I would have to pay for it which I didn't really mind because I still had some money and we were leaving the next day so I wouldn't be able to spend any. I didn't eat it all because I thought it was a bit too lemony and mum nearly made me pay for the eclair AND the lemon meringue pie  but she said it wasn't my fault that I didn't like the confectioner's cream.

Next we got on a subway back to Astoria where I slept on the subway. Before going back we bought some tulips and wine for Carlos and Annabel then when we got back we had macaroni cheese which had bacon in which I really liked. Then because we had left one cupcake we split it up into three and me, Mum and Annabel had a third each.

Then I fell asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment