Tuesday, 3 March 2015

Monday Mayhem in Manhattan

Yesterday we did the blog and got the subway to 5th Avenue (Central Park)  where we did some ice-skating because I really wanted to do it. I fell over but I actually got the hang of it quite slowly. At about 1.30 because there were loads of school kids, they had to leave to go back to their school and there were about 20 people on the ice.


After we had finished that we went for a walk around Central Park which was beautiful and the rivers and lakes were all white because they had frozen and then when it snowed it made it even whiter. The path led to a place called The Guggenheim Art Gallery which looks amazing when you see the building. It is a building that goes up in ramps in a circle shape.



I found a picture by Henri Rousseau and Pablo Picasso and they were ones that I had never seen before. They were beautiful and were in the Thannhauser Exhibition and we also saw a date thing for every day a man had painted that went on for 92 days. There was one that was exactly 2 days before I was born. He also had some postcards that said when he had got up in the morning that went of for quite a long time. He was called On Kawara.



Then we got on the Subway to Times Square which is a part of Manhattan that has loads of theatres and cinemas. The streets are very bright and colourful because of the lights that shine. We were going to meet Mum’s friend Mel so we could have dinner in Chinatown wither her husband Peter. When we met Mel we were at a place called Urbo which is a restaurant and a bar and a coffee place.

We got on a subway to Chinatown (Canal Street) where we tried to find a place called Joe’s Shanghai. We eventually found it and we all had soup dumplings which is basically wonton soup but inside the dumpling that you have to suck the juice out of and eat the pastry so you can get the meat. I really liked them.



For pudding we went to Little Italy to a place called Ferrara where I had a hot chocolate with whipped cream with ice cream on the side. I tried the rainbow cookies which I didn’t really like because they tasted like cherry and I don’t really like the taste of cherry.
 

After that we got on a Subway by accident which was going in the wrong direction so when we got to the station we had to get onto the other platform to get the right subway to 30th Avenue. We got home about quarter past midnight and I went to bed after doing some reading. I am reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment