Friday, 27 February 2015

Monday 23rd in San Francisco (second time)


Because of the time difference we have had to live the day again because we have gone back in time. Living the same day twice was quite exciting because we had such a big time difference in between the countries – it was raining when we left New Zealand but when we got here Louise told us that there was a drought here so it never rains. It is 60-80 degrees all year round here.

On Monday we arrived at about 10 o’clock in the morning and whilst we were lining up for customes the queue went from 2 and a half times across the whole room to being full. We got our passports checked and got our bags before meeting Louise and Tom at the airport.

Next we drove back to their house and it is amazing. After that I went on the iPad and watched some things on BBC iPlayer. When Louise got back from picking up Annie we borrowed some bikes so we could ride to Tom and Annie’s soccer club and back home again. Then when we got back to the apartment we had stew for dinner and went to sleep.


We are staying with Louise, Dan, Annie and Tom and we know them because Louise worked with Mum a lot in Wales about 8 years ago. They live in Redwood Shores and they have an apartment instead of a house because it is very expensive to live in a whole house. There are three bedrooms. One is Annie’s which we are sleeping in, another is Tom’s and the other is Lou and Dan’s. The window we look out of all you can see is other apartments and at the back you can see a river from the balcony and planes coming down. Lou even saw our plane coming down.

I feel like I’m happy to be here because it feels like I’m at home because there are three rooms and a kitchen and a living room mixed together. The people make me feel happy as well because they are so lovely and I am with children and it makes me feel nervous that I might break things.

No comments:

Post a Comment