We walked to the information centre at Echo Point and we saw the Three Sisters which are rocks shaped like big domes. The Aboriginal legend is three girls who fell in love with three men in a neighbouring tribe that wasn't allowed and the warriors started to fight. The wise man from the tribe turned the girls to stone for as long as the fighting was on for and was going to turn them back but he was killed so they were stone forever.
Next we went on the Skyway over Katoomba Falls and trees then down on the Cableway to the temperate rainforest walk. We saw a liar bird, ferns, wrens and turpentine trees that were used for houses and boats. In 1948 there was a bush fire and one of the trees burnt right through the middle and is "still standing after all this time" (like in the song). When we were down there we found a coal mine with a bronze sculpture of a pony pulling the coal from the coal mine.
Then we went on the railway which is the steepest railway in the world. Dad only went on it once. Me and Mum went on it three times. It was very fun because you can tilt the seat backwards and forwards to make it more frightening.
After that we went on the Skyway back to where we walked to. We saw somebody in the waterfall which is very dangerous because it is almost twice the height of Sydney Harbour Bridge. We got lunch on our way to the train back to Sydney and I had a sausage roll.
Last night we went to a Turkish restaurant which I kind of liked because it was meat and it had tomato but the meat was really spicy. I dipped the meat into the yoghuty cucumbery sauce and then it tasted better. We went there because it was Dad's last night and we wanted to have a really nice night and we did.
Mum and Dad had baklava but I don't really like it so I had ice-cream and I did. I have now collected quite a few ice-cream spoons because I am collecting them like Katie who we stayed with in Jervis Bay.
Thanks for reading. We might not be posting later today because we are driving and it is Dad's last day today. I feel quite sad because I'm not going to see him for 4 weeks.





Loving your blog and thought I was commenting but Polly says it is not getting through.
ReplyDeleteLets hope this one goes. xxx Granny Caroline
see you on friday (your birthday) granny very exited to see you
Delete