Saturday, 14 February 2015

Coffs to Noosa

We haven’t put anything on the blog recently because we haven’t had any time to do it when we were driving and here we can’t post because there is only 200MB of wifi per day. We won’t have any pictures because we can’t upload them but we will when we get to Brisbane.

On Thursday we woke up and went for a walk in Coffs Harbour and whilst we were doing that Christine got bitten by mosquitos in the woods. We went to a Café by the creek. It was very nice because you could see the whole of the creek infront of you and I hand an amazing hot chocolate.

Then we drove to Bellingen which is a very nice town and there we had seafood pasta and chocolate gelato (icecream) which were both very nice and from different places. Next we drove to Christine’s daughter’s house and because she is a potter she threw a pot right in front of us.

Then after we had driven home I made an orange juice for everyone and tried ot put sugar in it but someone (mum) said “no darling no, no no”.

When we went for a swim at Jetty Beach in Coffs it was very nice and refreshing because we went body boarding and there were loads and loads of big waves. When we got home Christine realised that she had kept the oven on whilst we were at the beach and the sauce to put on the chicken was burnt and it was ruined. But we had sweet potato, corn on the cob, rice, chicken and a little new sauce and it was yum yum in my tum.

In the morning we had breakfast and said our goodbyes and drove to Ulmarra which is like a cowboy town. I had a bacon sandwich with an orange juice. When we were having that it started raining a lot. We stopped next at Byron Bay for lunch. I had pasta and tomato sauce.

After that we drove to Brisbane Airport and got picked up by Ellie, Stan and Bog (George) who are the people we are staying with in Noosa and Brisbane. Mum knows Ellie from sixth form and last saw each other when they were 19. The boys are her sons  and are 13 and 8. When we got to Noosa we went swimming and played until Mum and Ellie said “you have to go to bed now”.

The apartment is very nice and we have the biggest bedroom. We have a TV and our own bathroom and a balcony to ourselves and we all have another balcony and living room and a kitchen together in one room and 3 swimming pools. We had fish and chips and watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 and the Lego Movie.


In the morning we swam, Mum and Ellie went shopping, we watched TV, swam, ate, swam, swam and ate again. After dinner we ate Galaxy chocolate and played Pit.

6 comments:

  1. Loving your blog Robin. Sorry I keep having difficulties in posting comments! It sounds like you're having an amazing time. You reminded me of something that I used to try and do when I was younger, put sugar in orange juice! Keep up the good work! Lots of love Nikki Licki xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin. I'm so enjoying your blog. It feels almost like I'm there on holiday with you, trying the gelato and freshly squeezed juices!
    Your dad is home now and looks tanned but rather tired from the long journey home.
    By the way, my sister Sarge and her husband Vaughan are travelling up the East coast at the moment although maybe a few hundred miles behind you I think. Just look out for them, just in case. She's got a blond(dyed!!) bob and is shorter than me (poor thing) and not as attractive either!! They're quite posh!
    Keep up the news. All love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone I am having a great time!!
    All my love Robin xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Robin

    I'm loving your blogs - I wish I had been able to see all those wonderful animals. Could you please bring me back a baby Tasmanian Devil to deal with all the rabbits in my garden? Or better still a boy and a girl one.

    Lots of love

    Alastair

    (PS: Did Polly tell you that I got the word "robbin" in Words with Friends against her yesterday? The spelling was a bit odd, but the idea was a good one.)

    ReplyDelete